Affiliate marketing for beginners can be such an exciting and inspiring time for many people with the realistic dreams of achieving big success. This type of marketing is an immensely lucrative form of revenue sharing often associated with network marketing and multi-level marketing.
Above all, Affiliate marketing, if managed properly, can have some of the highest profit margins of any online based platform. Several Fortune 500 companies continue to incorporate affiliate marketing into their web strategies. They do it because it allows them to extend their market reach. Affiliate marketing remains one of the top options for companies. It’s because it’s the most cost effective sort of marketing there is. Affiliate Marketing has increasingly become an integrated and substantial part of a company’s marketing plans – most notably for companies that wish to use the web to gain revenue or sell products.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
Essentially, internet marketers pay a specific amount of commissions to affiliates. To clarify, for promoting and generating new business opportunities to the marketers site, you’ll receive a comission. The new business opportunities could be in the form of a general referral be performance based. In other words, an affiliate is paid if the clicker actually purchases something on the advertised site.
As an affiliate marketer, you must be able to incorporate a viable game plan to promote the merchants brand/product. There are many ways to do this including:
Effective Promotion Is Key
- Promoting via Website/Landing Page: First of all, establishing your very own website is key. Most noteworthy, gaining authority via an effective SEO campaign is a good way to start. As a result, you are building your own unique website based on the product that you are promoting. Websites should be set up in the form of a sales pitch. As a result, it’ll help to get the customer interested enough to want to click your links. The links will direct them to the merchants site. Your website should be clean, professional and most importantly, fast. For this method to work, you’ll need consistent traffic. Affiliate marketing for beginners can be tough at first because you haven’t established a viable web presence yet so there are techniques like PPC (Pay per click) to help you generate instant traffic. Above all, Pay Per Click options allow you to pay for clicks from a targeted audience. This is more expensive. However, if your website captures the essence of the product, the return on investment would be well worth it.
- Email Campaign: Developing an email list is important. Above all, sending out details about your product to your email list is one of the most organic things that you can do.
- Social Media: Promoting your product social medial has become very popular. Advertising via social media is another way of garnering interest in your product.
Affiliate Marketing For Beginners – Understanding Affiliate Payments
Based on the terms and conditions associated with your program of choice, payments are relatively simple. Refer to your individual plan for specifics, but its common for there to be a one time payout per month. If you’ve worked for any job which involved commission payments such as retail, real estate and/or insurance related jobs, affiliate payments follow the same concept.
Affiliate Marketing For Beginners – How To Get Started As a Beginner
Affiliate marketing for beginners can be tough but serious money can be made immediately if done right. Certain steps have been outlined below to show the process for getting started.
- Choose a niche: For your very first time stick to one niche. A niche is quite simply, focusing on a small but specific segment of a particular platform.
- Research: Do extensive research for your niche of choice. Research includes checking sites that are currently selling and promoting products from the same niche. Most importantly, take note of “trigger” words and phrases that they are using. Above all, this is a good way to see what type of competition that you have. Research also includes finding low-targeted keywords associated with niche. These keywords will come into play when you are up and running.
- Start Building your foundation: Similar to a business owner opening a store front, you’ll be building your website/landing page. Keep it simple, yet professional and inviting.
- Take a second to reflect: At this point, you should know your niche, you should have completed your research on who your competition is and what they are doing and you should have finished your landing page website.
- Affiliate marketing programs for beginners: Keep your selection(s) as close to your niche as possible. When looking for an affiliate, network affiliate options may be a better option because network affiliate programs like CJ.com and RingPartner have a network of hundreds of companies all under one umbrella.
- Promote Product: Start promoting via the methods we outlined above.
Affiliate Marketing for Beginners – Key Tips
- Develop a keyword strategy
- Don’t be afraid to spend money for PPC (Pay Per Clicks)
You will be denied by some affiliates but don’t quit. If you are denied, send an email to the management team associated with program. Sometimes, it could just be the time of the year. Be professional with your reply and outline what you will do to promote their product and how passionate you are about it.
- Good affiliate marketing programs for beginners to start out with is Wealthy Affiliate. Wealthy Affiliate is an affiliate marketing platform that provides extensive training and an amazing community of experts and members who provide help with your affiliate marketing career 24/7.
- They also have a great incentive/commission opportunity where you can make thousands every month. It’s truly amazing and I would start there. Read our Wealthy Affiliate Review for more details. You will have to sign up for their Premium Service to unlock all of the training and tools including the “Keyword” tool Jaaxy that you will need to promote your product. If this has sparked your interest, Click the button below to check out our Wealthy Affiliate Review.
Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
Additional Notes From The Author
First of all, you have to have confidence in affiliate marketing. Above all, you must have a plan. Most noteworthy, many will fail in affiliate marketing. Consequently, that’s the truth. However, persistence is key. Almost always, the key to success is proper planning and organization.