Affiliate marketing for beginners can be such an exciting and inspiring time for many people with the realistic dreams of achieving big success. Affiliate marketing an immensely lucrative form of revenue sharing and commission based advertising that is often associated with network marketing and multi-level marketing.
Affiliate marketing, if managed properly, can have some of the highest profit margins of any online based platform. Several Fortune 500 companies continue to incorporate affiliate marketing into their web strategies more and more because it allows companies to extend their marketing reach faster and better than ever before. Affiliate marketing remains one of the top options for companies and entrepreneurs because it is the most cost effective sort of marketing there is. Affiliate Marketing has increasingly become an integrated and substantial part of a company’s marketing plans – most notably for companies that wish to use the web to gain revenue or sell products.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
Essentially, internet marketers pay a specific amount of commissions to affiliates for promoting and generating new business opportunities to the marketers site. The new business opportunities could be in the form of a general referral (Cost Per Action) in which an affiliate is paid for directing potential clients to their site for the completion of a consultation, application or it could performance based which would involve a client actually purchasing a product or service that the merchant is offering. In other words, an affiliate is paid if the clicker actually purchases something on the advertised site.
As an affiliate marketer, you must be able to incorporate a viable game plan to promote the merchants brand/product. There are many ways to do this including:
- Promoting via Website/Landing Page: Establishing your very own website and gaining authority via an effective SEO (Search Engine Optimization) campaign is a good way to start. Essentially, you are building your very own unique website based on the product that you are promoting. The website should be set up in the form of a “sales pitch” to get the customer interested enough to want to click your links which will direct them to the merchants site. Your website should be clean, professional and most importantly, fast. For this method to work, you’ll need consistent traffic to be effective. Affiliate marketing for beginners can be tough at first because you haven’t established a viable web presence yet so there are techniques like PPC (Pay per click) to help you generate instant traffic. Pay Per Click options allow you to pay for direct clicks from a targeted audience. This is more expensive but if your website/landing page captures the essence of the product, the return on investment would be well worth it.
- Email Campaign: Developing an email list and sending out details about your product to your email list is one of the most organic things that you can do.
- Social Media: Promoting and advertising your product via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms is another way of garnering interest in your product.
Affiliate Marketing For Beginners – Understanding Affiliate Payments
Based on the terms and conditions associated with your program of choice, payments are relatively simple. Refer to your individual plan for specifics, but its common for there to be a one time payout per month. If you’ve worked for any job which involved commission payments such as retail, real estate and/or insurance related jobs, affiliate payments follow the same concept.
Affiliate Marketing For Beginners – How To Get Started As a Beginner
Affiliate marketing for beginners can be tough but serious money can be made immediately if done right. Here is how to get started.
- Choose a niche: For your very first time stick to one niche. A niche is quite simply, focusing on a small but specific segment of a particular platform.
- Research: Do extensive research for your niche of choice. Research includes checking sites that are currently selling and promoting products from the same niche. See what “trigger” words and phrases that they are using the introduce and promote the products that are associated with your niche. This is a good way to see what type of competition that you have. Research also includes finding low-targeted keywords associated with niche. These keywords will come into play when you are up and running and beginning to actually promote product.
- Start Building your foundation: Similar to a business owner opening a store front, you’ll be building your website/landing page. Keep it simple, yet professional and inviting.
- Take a second to reflect: At this point, you should know your niche, you should have completed your research on who your competition is and what they are doing and you should have finished your landing page website.
- Affiliate marketing programs for beginners: This part comes after you build your website because some merchants want to know how you will promote their product and they also want to know if you have something established online already to begin right away. Some merchants will accept you via an automatic approval process while others are more thorough. By you completing your research and building your website first help promotes credibility for you. Some key things to note about affiliates. Keep your selection(s) as close to your niche as possible. When looking for an affiliate, network affiliate options may be a better option because network affiliate programs like CJ.com and RingPartner have a network of hundreds of companies all under one umbrella.
- Promote Product: Start promoting via the methods we outlined above.
Affiliate Marketing for Beginners – Key Tips
- Develop a keyword strategy
- Don’t be afraid to spend money for PPC (Pay Per Clicks)
You will be denied by some affiliates but don’t quit. If you are denied, send an email to the management team associated with program. Sometimes, their approval process is automated. Sometimes, it could just be the time of the year. Be professional with your reply and outline what you will do to promote their product and how passionate you are about it.
- Good affiliate marketing programs for beginners to start out with is Wealthy Affiliate. Wealthy Affiliate is an affiliate marketing platform that provides extensive training and an amazing community of experts and members who provide help with your affiliate marketing career 24/7. They also have a great incentive/commission opportunity where you can make thousands every month. It’s truly amazing and I would start there. Read our Wealthy Affiliate Review for more details. You will have to sign up for their Premium Service to unlock all of the training and tools including the “Keyword” tool Jaaxy that you will need to promote your product. If this has sparked your interest, Click the button below to check out our Wealthy Affiliate Review.